Provides a step-by-step guide to assisting clients to identify community care goals that are relevant to THEM. You will learn how motivate and encourage clients to build on their strengths in order to enhance their quality of life. From the service provider's point of view, the course shows you how to link assessment outcomes to care plans. In a supportive environment, you will practice writing clear, meaningful and achievable goals which help to focus your service delivery and which make sense to the client. This is a great introduction to the philosophy of enabling and working from a strengths based approach.
- Skills to engage people to be involved in goal setting
- Identifying and building on client strengths
- Influencing and encouraging clients to identify goals that are meaningful to them
- Designing care plans that consider the client and community's capacities and resources
- The scenarios - put all into perspective. Gave us practical skills.
- ... great mix of theory and practice, energy level of workgroup.
- Trainer's enthusiasm & knowledge. Made it relevant to what we do. Encouraged discussion.
- Excellent day of training. Informative and presented with clarity.
- SMART Goals (specific, measurable, agreed, realistic and timed) - the Role Play was excellent.