Flexible Respite: Managing the Challenges
This course focuses on the core business of Flexible Respite and assists individuals and services to avoid or manage common challenges that come with the service model. This includes ensuring that we:
- stay within the required Flexible Respite Policy;
- work as flexible respite coordinators and not intensive case managers;
- support, foster and encourage the resilience, autonomy and primary decision making role of the family (i.e. that we do not inadvertently create dependency and reduce family resilience);
- manage Emotional Labour (how we involve but manage our feelings in what we do).
- Foundation Principles of contemporary Flexible Respite services
- Working with the person / family to define issues within the respite request
- Focusing on strengths and autonomy
- Interview skills and responding to challenging situations
Duration:Full day ONLY
Suitable for:Flexible Respite Coordinators
- Information provided was clear and informative
- clarification of person centred/family centred/social inclusion/early intervention
- the opportunity for me to realise I CAN think differently and professionally.
- the knowledge of the teacher was impressive.
- the scenarios were organisation appropriate.
- Gave what we were asking for.