Documentation and Report Writing
Examines the knowledge and skills needed for thorough and efficient documentation practice. You will learn what is expected of client documentation: what to document, when, and how to do it. This course provides a particular focus on client notes (progress or other regular notes) but is useful for all aspects of documentation in the community care context.
- What should be documented?
- Differences between objective and subjective language
- Guidelines for good documentation practice
- How to plan a workplace document
- Simple and practical tips to avoid common pitfalls
- Practical examples and relevant/topical discussions.
- Plenty of group & individual participation encouraged.
- I learnt a lot about subjectivity and objectivity.
- All topics were very interesting and the activities were great.
- Have attended this training before with different facilitator & was not useful at all. Facilitator (Jenny) made it interesting & understood.