This course looks at what conlict is, how it appears, and how we can identify appropriate behavioural choices when we feel ourselves to be in conflict. We will look at ways that conflict can be avoided, and when perhaps it shouldn’t be avoided. The course approaches 'conflict' as an important part of life which, with the right skills and a willing attitude, can be productively handled in the workplace.
- Identify "levels of conflict"
- Describe "fight, flight and flow" responses to conflict
- Explain what a "Win / Win Approach" is, and how it differs from a Compromise Approach
- Form an assertive statement
- Map out a conflict, in preparation for identifying solutions (underlying needs)