Provides an orientation to processing complaints and negative feedback in the context of delivering community care services. The course focuses on developing the skills and knowledge required to handle formal and informal negative feedback and complaints from clients, carers or family members. Practical scenarios offer 'hands-on' experience in handling complaints in a safe environment. The session relates the topic back to the Common Community Care Standards Expected Outcome 3.3 Complaints and Service User Feedback.
- Client needs and wants
- Organisational needs and wants
- Why people don't complain
- Complaint handling systems
- Clear, concise & up to date
- ... a less than exciting subject was made personal & interesting...
- ... enthusiasm, positiveness, great communication
- ... observing the role play.
- Practical exercises & varying training techniques.