Australian Privacy Principles
The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) have now replaced the National Privacy Principles. This course is a community care and disability service providers' guide to what this may mean in practice on a day-to-day basis. Grounded in a thorough understanding of information management in aged care and disability services, this course moves through the life cycle of privacy information in your organisation and provides pointers on where enhancements to privacy management may need to be made. From this point you can move with purpose to the information and resources provided by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Definition of Personal Information, Sensitive Information and Health Information
- Collecting Personal Information and dealing with unsolicited Personal Information
- Storing, correcting and providing authorised access to, Personal Information
- Use and disclosure of Personal Information
- Archiving and destroying Personal Information