This course provides a practical exploration of the use of Advocates in home support (HACC) and home care package services. The course focuses equally on:
- Working effectively with Advocates;
- Assisting people (service users or potential service users) to access an Advocate; and
- Ensuring the organisation has systems in place to support access to, and the use of, Advocates.
- What is an Advocate?
- Promoting and supporting Advocacy and Advocates
- Working effectively with Advocates
- Ensuring organisational systems are 'Advocate friend
Duration:Full day ONLY
Suitable for:front line staff, team leaders and managers
- Jenny is a great presenter/educator. I wish all our trainers/educators were as good.
- Trainer was articulate and very informative.
- [I liked most] Work-shopping policies and using real life examples.
- I got genuine information and education on issues I didn't fully understand.
- [I liked most] Understanding clearly the process for using an advocate.
- [I liked most] Getting information that can be added in the policy.
- I gained new knowledge & perspective.